Eldercare Consulting services provide advice and direction on how to navigate life’s challenges as we age. We work directly with older adults and their families to develop a plan to address a family’s specific needs. Our work begins with an assessment of the older adult and their current living environment. We then develop both recommendations and a strategy focused on how best to meet the changing needs of the older adult.
We offer assistance in the following areas:
- Home Safety Assessment
- Assembling resources in order to maintain independence as long as possible
- Creating The Dementia Friendly Home℠
- Improvement of Quality of Life/Well Being
- To Move or Not to Move?
- In home care versus assisted or skilled care
- Financial considerations
- Socialization/Isolation concerns
- Environmental/Geographic Issues
- Coordination with adult children or other family members living at a distance
- Accompany older adults to routine doctor’s appointments
- Ongoing support and advice for the parent(s) and/or adult children as changes are implemented
- Monitor the status and well being of the older adult when family or friends are not available
- Providing referrals to elder law attorneys, accountants, financial services professionals, etc., when applicable.